Consumer Eligibility and Co-Payment Requirements:
To be eligible for county assistance, an individual must comply with the following established requirements.
- Complete the Central Point of Coordination application form and provide additional required documentation to the Clinton County Central Point of Coordination Administrator. The Clinton County Central Point of Coordination Administrator must receive and review the application for any payment to be authorized. In the event verbal approval for funding is authorized for emergency services and it is later determined the individual does not meet the criteria in the Plan, further funding will not be authorized;
- Meet income and resource guidelines;
- Agree to use the individual's own resources as specified in this Plan;
- Apply any private health insurance benefits toward the cost of care;
- Seek available work if health or other circumstances permit and register with Job Service of Iowa if deemed appropriate by the Clinton County Central Point of Coordination Administrator in conjunction with a medical professional's opinion.
This requirement shall not be enforced when, in the determination of The Clinton County Central Point of Coordination Administrator in conjunction with a medical professional's opinion, any of the following exists.
The person suffers from a mental or physical illness that prevents gainful employment.
The person is unemployable due to a disability or other reason; or
The person is caring for a dependent family member who requires home care and supervision.
- Clinton County funds shall not be utilized until all other sources of public and private assistance have been exhausted. Therefore, all individuals requesting county assistance shall apply for all other public and private assistance programs and be able to supply proof of denial prior to county funding being utilized (i.e. Family Investment Program (FIP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medically Needy, Medicaid, Veterans Benefits, HAWK-I, Community Support Programs (CSP) funding available through Magellan, discretionary funds available for Targeted Medicaid Case Management consumers, other Waiver entitlement programs that would meet and support an individuals needs, and Patient Assistance Programs through pharmaceutical companies. If medical history supports and it appears the individual meets the criteria and it is determined to be in the best interest of the individual, the Clinton County Central Point of Coordination Administrator shall request the individual apply for a disability determination.
- Must have a diagnosis as defined under the DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition).