Military Service Records

Discharge papers (DD214'S) may be recorded for permanent records and certified to perfect claims.  In order to obtain a Certified copy the original document must be presented for recording.  The DD214 must be recorded before military exemption is applied toward property tax reduction.

A copy of the military records may be obtained by completing the Application for Certified Copy or Photocopy of Military Record and submitting to the Recorder's Office.  This may be done in person or through the mail.  Please send a photo copy of your driver's license if mailing.  You may print this form here:  Military Record Application.  The form is also available upon request in the Recorder's Office.

You will need your recorded DD214 when applying for your Iowa Permit to carry concealed weapons at the Clinton County Sheriff's Department.