Boat, Snowmobile, and ATV Registrations



The Recorders office handles the registration and renewals of boats, snowmobiles, and ATV's.  Boats are licensed for a three (3) year period.  Snowmobiles and ATV's are licensed for a one year period.

ATV, Boat and Snowmobile Registration and Title:
To register a recreational vehicle or vessel a receipt, bill of sale or satisfactory evidence of sales or use tax payment must be provided.

Boat Registration and Title:
New and/or transferred recreational vehicles and vessels are registered in Clinton County by the Recorder's Office.  Boat registrations expire on April 30th, every three (3) years.  Boat fees are based on the length of the boat.  All boats over 17 feet in length must have a title.  Boats with a lien must be titled.  Use tax is now collected on casual sales.

ATV and Snowmobile Registration and Title:
ATV and snowmobile registration expires on December 31st of each year.  Both vehicles must have a title.  Use tax is now collected on casual sales.

Title Application

Bill of Sale

Application/Affidavit for New or Replacement ATV  & Snowmobile VIN

Affidavit for Unregistered or Untitled ATVs, Off Road Motorcycles and Utility Vehicles, Snowmobiles or Vessels

Clinton County ATV Ordinance